Welcome to the 2nd International Peri-Urban Conference
Objectives of the Conference
The aim of this conference is to connect professionals, academics and decision-makers from different sectors and disciplines, and provide a platform for sharing knowledge on water, energy, food, and land planning and development. It will provide discussion platforms to explore and analyse modern and new peri-urban planning, design and service paradigms which seek integration, co-ordination, protection of ecosystems and natural resources with concomitant equitable socio-economic development.
Please click here to view details of confirmed keynote speakers.
Themes of the Conference
- The water, energy, food nexus
- Water Sensitive Spatial planning and management : Reimagining cities and peri-urban spaces
- Integrated Policy, Planning and Investment for Sustainable Futures
- Rethinking ecological and built infrastructure
- Planning for connectivity, integration and sustainability of marginalised communities in peri-urban-urban spaces
- Urban-Peri-urban and Rural flows: unlocking the green economy
- Urban agriculture and food security
- Adaptation to climate variability and change
- Emerging peri-urban water quality issues
- Rethinking sanitation and wastewater systems for beneficiation
- Innovative technologies and solutions